National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (NECTEC) is one of four technology centers under the auspices of the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA), an agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Thailand. NECTEC is specialized in and responsible for undertaking, supporting, and promoting the development of electronics and computer technologies through research and development (R&D) activities. In addition, NECTEC recognizes the importance of creating the professional researchers and strengthening their "career path" through many human resource development (HRD) programs such as providing scholarships and fellowships. Currently, NECTEC's postdoctoral fellowships program is seeking for Thai and international postdoctoral researchers to join in various research projects.
- To support and encourage Ph.D. graduates in Engineering (e.g. Electronics, Electrical, Computer), Science (e.g. Physics, Chemistry, Computer, IT), and other related fields in order to strengthen their R&D experiences, under the supervision of senior fellow researchers.
- To increase the number of professional researchers who will be driving forces to create and deliver innovations which are beneficial to the country.
- To conduct R&D and deliver the research outputs/outcomes that align with NSTDA's and NECTEC's goals, keep up with the global trends, and respond to the country's needs.
Research Topic Details
Position 1. Semantic Web/ Linked Data Migration Framework
The fellow is expected to explore and propose tangible and reliable solutions for migrating existing database sources to shared and reusable data based on international standards such as RDF and OWL.
Position 2. Hybrid Statistical machine translation
The fellow is expected to develop a general hybrid approach of machine translation which combine between rule and statistical approach that supports ASEAN MT. This approach need to design a framework which enables to plug-in each ASEAN language phenomenon
Position 3. Speaker Authentication in Noisy Channels
The fellow is expected to explore and propose tangible and reliable solutions based on international standard evaluation data.
Position 4. Advanced Antenna, RF and Microwave Circuit
- Design and develop advanced antenna, RF and Microwave circuit.
- Design advanced and energy-efficient wireless communication devices.
- Working as a team member in Projects related to antenna, RF and Microwave design.
Position 5. Information Security, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Classification, Data Mining, Knowledge Management
Design and develop a Business Intelligence model to capture and understand user's behavior from web application and mobile application usage. Also, develop a model to select a high quality data source among multiple source
Position 6. Advanced Wireless Protocol Design
- Develop a full duplex spectrum sensing scheme and an efficient self-interference cancellation technique in wireless cognitive transceivers in order to achieve gains of full-duplex transmission.
- Design and analysis of advanced wireless broadband protocols
- Design and analysis of advanced RFID MAC protocols
Position 7. SPR biosensor for high-throughput screening of protein biomarkers
Develop rapid SPR sensing protocols for Down syndrome screening.
Position 8. Optics in agriculture
Leads and assists in research and development of photonics related devices and systems where knowledge in optics, electronics, and software programming are tied together to solve technical issues related to agriculture (e.g., sericulture, rice, and fisheries) and environment.
Position 9. Development of a Non-Invasive Glucose Sensor Utilizing the detection of breath glucose biomarker
To develop a chemical-based sensor for the determination of breath glucose biomarker (acetone).
Position 10. Optical Wireless Communications / Visible light communications
- To design, optimize, and integrate optical and electronics transceiver modules for indoor optical wireless LAN based on LEDs
- To Publish papers related to the field of work in a recognized journal.
- To file a patent on an invented prototype.
Generally, these following requirements apply:
- Applicants must have recently received their Ph.D. or have attained a Ph.D. degree no longer than 5 years.
- Applicants must have at least one article published in peer-reviewed, renowned scientific literature with impact factor, of which the applicants must be the first authors. OR Applicants must have registered at least one patent.
- Applicants must be proficiency at communicating and writing in English.
- Applicants must be able to work full time.
- Preferred under 40 years of age on the date of application.
Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellowship positions for the May-December 2012 or until the positions are filled. The program offers 1-2 year postdoctoral fellowships, reviewed annually. Fellows receive a fixed annual stipend and benefits which include health and life insurance, and a round-trip economy-class airfare to home country (only if the applicants work at NECTEC for at least one year) given for each full year of service.
To apply, please complete and submit
- The application form
- Transcript and certificate of Doctorate
- Abstract of dissertation
- Statement of intent
- Three recommendation letters (should be sent directly from the person providing the reference) to the contact below
Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- Performance Assessment
- Postdoc Researcher must present their research result in a public seminar/forum at least 1 time/year.
- Postdoc Researcher must complete their own personal report (time sheet).
- At least 1 International journal with impact factor or as may be agreed with mentor.